Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Good and the Bad

I have been really bad about blogging lately, and I'm kind of ashamed to say that with all the craziness that has been my life lately, updating my blog hasn't been high on my priority list. (Sorry, faithful readers!)

However, I did have time this evening to work out some of the design kinks in my blog and to post an update. I don't know what Blogger's deal has been but they need to get their business together! I was checking their Known Issues site and found that I must not be the only one experiencing issues with HTML edits and proper saving of changes. It makes me cranky that my blog doesn't work right and isn't esthetically pleasing!

In other news, this past week has been CRAZY at work! I had a new student start during the last week of September and he's been really tough...and I mean REALLY tough. He's thrown a major tantrum every day that he's been in class. And these aren't your average, run-of-the-mill, crying and screaming tantrums...these are the "grand Mal" of tantrums! He throws himself on the floor, will kick and hit anyone in close proximity to him, he bites (he's already drawn blood from one of my aides), he spits on my staff and myself, he uses profanity (he's only four and he uses the f-word and "bit*h" - among others)...all while he screams at the top of his lungs.

Now, I've had students in my class before that have thrown tantrums and who have been behavioral challenges. This new kid surpasses all the rest. Although the child was absent from school on Friday, I had an anxiety attack over the weekend just thinking about coming back to work yesterday and having to go through this whole ordeal again. And I consider myself a pretty tough cookie when it comes to dealing with stuff like this! This new kid is really stressing me out. Argh! I'm trying not to think too much about it because then it's only going to stress me out more. (Trying to think happy thoughts here!!)

In other news, I have officially become a "new leader" with the teacher-student travel ambassador program that I applied for. I have several information meetings that I need to attend and help out at, but I'm glad to get the opportunity to meet other teacher leaders and get "face time" with the company. My supervisor also said that there is still room on two trips for next summer - one to London/France (and surrounding cities) and the other to Australia - and she's going to slip me into one of those spots. Yay! Something to look forward to at the end of this school year! I'm really excited and cannot wait to get started.

Anyway, I will try to update on a more regular basis...and include some new freebies! Until then, think happy thoughts!

No comments:

Post a Comment