Tuesday, July 31, 2012

A Year of Learning

I spent several hours the other day working on a year-long curriculum plan for this coming school year - one of the things that I failed to do during my first year of teaching. I browsed online to see if there were any viable templates that I could use and stumbled across this one. I liked how it was broken down into quarters (making it much more manageable), and that it included specific skills to be taught.

I took their general idea, and tweaked it to include the social studies, science, and health curriculum that my district uses. Granted, as a special education class, my projected year-long plan may take more than the allotted time given to learning certain skills. But it's always good to have a plan, something to go by.

Kindergarten Year Long Preview
If you'd like to download my year-long plan, you can click here. If you'd like the Excel workbook that I created the PDF in, contact me and I can email it to you. (This allows you to tweak the subject matter, skills, etc.)

Until next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment