Monday, August 13, 2012

Home Sweet Home

I finally got into my classroom today for the first time since leaving school back in June, and as much as I have enjoyed the time off, I was uber excited to be back in my element.

Before going into work, I stopped at the local teacher supply store and picked up some things so I could get started on my bulletin boards. I really tried to restrain myself! I managed to keep my teacher spending in check and only picked up some borders and bulletin board lettering.




I was nervous to get back into my classroom and see what kind of havoc the summer school class (that was taught in my classroom) wreaked on my room. But I'm glad to say it didn't look half bad. Granted, the custodians had already come in and cleaned the room...but all my things were left untouched, which I appreciated.












Most of my day was spent rearranging furniture and cleaning counter tops - there was so much dust! I also got rid of a couple pieces of furniture that were just taking up space in my room. Tomorrow I'm going to go back in and set up some of my bulletin boards. I'm trying a year-round "jungle/rain forest" theme this year. We'll see how that pans out...

3 comments:

  1. You can't go wrong with animal prints!

    I don't start back until after Labor Day but seeing all the work involved through your pictures makes those butterflies start moving in my tummy. I teach kindergarten at a dual language (American Sign Language and English) school and was wondering what special needs population you taught. We probably have ideas and stories we could share.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Gary! Thank you for stopping by my blog!

      We start Sept. 4th - I'm trying to get a head start with all my "theme-atics." It's been nice being the only teacher on campus and having the laminator all to myself!

      This past year I taught a class of students who mainly had speech and language impairments. I also had several students who were classified as autistic, and one who had cerebral palsy as his qualifying disability. I also started (and went half-way) through the year with a student who was non-verbal.

      As a mild-moderate teacher, I kind of get to see it all. :)

      Delete
    2. Sounds like you have enough to keep the days interesting. What more could you ask for? And having the laminator all to yourself?! :)

      Delete