Sunday, February 10, 2013

The Resignation

I decided late this afternoon that I was going to quit my tutoring job.

I didn't need to work a part-time job; I've been comfortable just working my full-time teaching job. But I liked making the extra money, saving up for some fabulous trip abroad.

However, I realized that my part-time job was making me a crap graduate student and was affecting my weekend "recuperation time" from my teaching, which has taken a toll on me emotionally and psychologically - while also exposing me to a whole new batch of germs from sick tutoring clients (yuck!)

I needed my time back.

So, I resigned - via email. Not exactly professional, I know, but I could care less. I am so drained at this point that I needed to do what was right for me...not what professional courtesy dictates.

I spent this evening making dinner, watching a movie, and completing two weeks worth of homework - something I would not have had time to do if I was tutoring clients back-to-back all day.

I think resignation suits me just fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment